Nutrition Programs

Our genuine concern for your child’s development and health is the primary reason behind the BMS nutritional guidelines. As a participant in the National School Lunch Program, BMS serves hot lunches that meet the nutritional requirements of the program, providing 30% of the FDA recommended daily nutrients. Also, Early Childhood classrooms offer daily healthy snacks. We strive to model lifelong healthy eating habits by limiting refined sugars and encouraging a balance of whole foods including proteins, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables, and any food brought to school (lunches, classroom celebrations, etc.) should adhere to this model. Please do not bring candy or sugary drinks to school and use your best judgement for all other items.

Please note we are a NUT-FREE CAMPUS, which includes all peanuts and tree nuts. We ask that parents do not send these items to school for lunch or Elementary or After Care snacks.

For more information on the nutritional guidelines we follow please visit: or

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.