Mark Your Calendar
- Feb. 13 CANCELLED–Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Feb. 15 March lunch open for selections
- Feb. 15 3rd Thursday Coffee Chat, 8:30 to 9:15 am, Main Office
- Feb. 16 Enrollment forms due along with 1st installment of tuition deposit
- Feb. 18 Sycamore Play “The Comedy of Errors,” 2:00 pm, Monroe Co. Library
- Feb. 19 NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 23 Community Volunteering—Dinner at Crestmont Boys & Girls Club 4 to 6 pm, See article below
- Feb. 24 Chipotle fundraiser, 4 to 8 pm. See article below
- Feb. 25 March lunch/after care closed
Additional Important Events
- Feb. 28 Walnut Class Play, 6:30 pm
- Mar. 1 Maple Class Play, 6:30 pm
- Mar. 1 Enrollment opens to families with children not currently enrolled. Spread the word!
- Mar. 2 Hickory Youngest Group P/T Conferences — Hickory only NO SCHOOL
- Mar. 7 Parent Forum—Parent-Child Communication, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Peace and Philanthropy in our Community
“This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.” –Theodore Roosevelt
Our Parent Advisory Council has arranged for families from BMS to make and serve dinner on Feb. 23 and Mar. 30 to the kids attending the afterschool program at the Crestmont Boys and Girls Club. Feb. 23 the Lower and Upper Elementary students and families will cook, host and serve. Mar. 30 the Preschool families will do the same. Dinner is served from 4:30 to 5:30, and food can be made in advance. You are welcome and encouraged to have your children to help, with your assistance. More details are in separate emails from your Parent Ambassadors.
Sign up at:
More Ways to Raise Funds for BMS
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
4:00 to 8:00 pm
2894 East 3rd Street
Same plan as the Panera Fundraiser: bring the flyer to show the cashier and Chipotle will donate to BMS 50% of all sales to individuals who show the flyer, either a hard copy or on your phone. Flyer attached, and available in your parent pocket and on our website and Facebook pages. Bring your friends too! Chipotle Flyer–School Spirit Tastes Great (PDF)
Up next, Pizza X, Mondays in March! And remember, you can buy a groovy, good-for-the-planet BMS grocery bag.
Annual Fund Donations at Work
The donations you make to the Annual Fund each year make a major impact on the school and the education of your child. Used where they are most needed, your gifts support the work of our children as they become empowered, life-long learners.
A few examples:
Training and Professional Development—Each year the school spends $8,000 to $13,000 on the ongoing Montessori training and professional development of Lead teachers and staff. Faculty complete certifications, update existing certifications, and attend national and regional conferences and workshops. This ensures your children are receiving the highest quality education we can provide.
Technology—Technology constantly requires upgrades and improvement. This year so far, we have:
- upgraded the wireless access points for the Sycamore 9-to-12 classroom, and
- purchased a new School Administration Software package, which will allow for smoother enrollment processes and new online capabilities for forms and information updating, among other exciting data management solutions. Thanks for your patience with us while we learn how to make your lives better!
Classroom Improvements—The annual fund helps support the $4,200 allocated per classroom for new and upgraded Montessori materials, supplies and equipment. Annually, that totals over $25,000 needed to maintain the harmonious, child-centered learning environments in which our children grow and thrive.
Thank you, again, for your ongoing generosity and enthusiasm for supporting your child’s education.
“We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
–Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.