BMS News—March 2, 2018
Mark Your Calendar
- Mar. 5 Last day to sign up for Parent Forum dinner and childcare A few parent volunteers needed to set up/clean up Email me or call the office—Thank you!
- Mar. 5 First Pizza X fundraiser, Code word: Maria
- Mar. 5 TeaSchoolDays ends www.TeaSchoolDays.com SDS18BLOOMINGTON
- Mar. 6 Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Mar. 7 Parent Forum—Parent-Child Communication, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Mar. 9 3rd Grade Spanish Play, 2:00 pm
- Mar. 12 Pizza X Fundraiser
- Mar. 12-16 NO SCHOOL—Spring Break
- Mar. 15 April lunch open for selection
Additional Important Events
- Mondays Pizza X Fundraiser continues through March
- Mar. 19 Summer Camp Enrollment Begins
- Mar. 19 Parent/Teacher Conference sign-up open for those with siblings
- Mar. 20 Hickory AM Children’s Evening, 5:15 to 6:15
- Mar. 20 Parent/Teacher Conference sign-up open for all
- Mar. 21 Sweet Gum Children’s Evening, 5:15 to 6:15
- Mar. 22 3rd Thursday Coffee Chat, 8:30 to 9:15, Annex
- Mar. 22 Magnolia Children’s Evening, 5:15 to 6:15
Parent Forum: Communication Through Thick and Thin
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Dinner and childcare provided
Sign up by March 5
Our next Parent Forum will be on March 7. Amy Makice, LCSW, founder of the Bloomington Center for Connection, will join us for an evening forum entitled “Communicating Through Thick and Thin.” Amy is a parent educator and licensed psychotherapist based in Bloomington. Her workshops and presentations incorporate current research on children’s development, neuroscience, psychotherapy and play therapy as well as concrete techniques. Amy has been a licensed clinical social worker since 1997 and has three children of her own with whom she tries to communicate. And she’s smiling!
The forum, suitable for parents with children of any age, will be as much discussion as presentation, so come with your questions.
We will again be providing a light dinner of soup, bread, fruit and the ubiquitous carrots, as well as child care. Please sign up on the sheets in both buildings or send me an email by the end of the day March 5 about whether you are joining the group for dinner and whether you need childcare, along with the age(s) of your child(ren). We look forward to seeing you!
BMS Elementary Student Art at Rainbow Bakery
During the month of March, classroom art from our lower elementary students will be on display at Rainbow Bakery, corner of 4th and Rogers, in celebration of Gallery Walk’s Youth Art Month. There will be an opening celebration at Fountain Square Mall on Friday, March 2 from 5:00-7:00 with complimentary refreshments. Rainbow Bakery is open from 8 to 7, M-Sat., and 9 to 7 on Sundays. Stop by and enjoy some art!
More Ways to Raise Funds for BMS
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Pizza X, Mondays in March!
March 5, March 12, March 19, March 26
All Pizza X Locations
In person and online orders included.
- In person/by phone, say, “Maria.”
- Online, select BMS under the XTend A Hand tab, which will appear on the left at the bottom once you select your preferred Pizza X location.
- Save the Proof of Purchase to earn more $ for the school! Bring it in to the office.
And February 26 through March 5 are
Tea’s School Days
Enter promo code SDS18BLOOMINGTON at checkout
Receive 15% off and free shipping AND BMS will receive 15% of sales.
You may share this code with friends and family, but please do not share it on any type of coupon site or Tea Collection FB group.
Thank you, again, for your ongoing generosity and enthusiasm for supporting your child’s education!
“We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
–Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.