Mark Your Calendar
- May 16 Spring Fling All School Picnic and General Association Mtg, 5:30 pm, Lower playground Spring Fling Orienteering Fundraiser, 5:00 to 7:00 pm Learn orienteering and raise funds for the school!
- May 17 Spring Fling Picnic and Meeting Rain Date
Additional Important Events
- May 21 Maple and Walnut 3rd Grade Evening (students only)
- May 22 6th Grade Graduation, 7:00 pm
- May 23 3rd Grade Graduation, 2:00 pm
- May 23 Last Day of School for Students
- Aug. 5 and 6 School Beautification Sunday from 1 to 4, Monday from 9 to 12 Spruce up the grounds, help get classrooms ready, and earn parent hours
- Aug. 8 First Day of School for Students
Become a Sustaining Donor of BMS
Did you know you can automate your annual fund giving to BMS through PayPal? It’s easy to set up an automated monthly gift. Just visit our website at https://bloomingtonmontessori.org/support/ and click on Donate. Select “Make this a monthly donation” and voila! Your gift is made each month without the need to think about it ever again.
Your donations are vital to the well-being of the school. Tuition supports on average about 80% of expenses, and our Board works to keep tuition as low as possible. Your gifts, then, provide crucial financial support for the school, including faculty professional development, Montessori curriculum materials for every classroom, maintenance and upgrades to technology, and even the repainting, cleaning, and repairs that happen each summer.
Your gift makes a difference. Thank you for your generous support.
Spring Fling Picnic and General Association Meeting
Please join us on Wednesday, May 16, for our annual all-school potluck picnic and association meeting on our own Lower Playground (rain date is May 17). The Orienteering begins at 5, with the picnic getting underway at 5:30 pm. Families are responsible for bringing their own cups, plates and cutlery. If your student is in the following classroom, please bring the corresponding dish:
- Hickory 3-6 AM Half Day Preschool Main Dish
- Hickory 3-6 PM Half Day Preschool Main Dish
- Magnolia 3-6 All Day Preschool Desserts
- Sweet Gum 3-6 All Day Preschool Side Dishes
- Walnut/Maple 6-9 Lower Elementary Salads
- Sycamore 9-12 Upper Elementary Drinks
Dishes should serve 15 to 20 adults. We have 207 children enrolled, who will be hungry, and usually 2 adults per child, who are also hungry, which is potentially 621 hungry people.
Please remember we are a nut-free school, and do label your dishes with all ingredients. Those of us with food allergies thank you, more than you know.
Donate your Unused Arts and Crafts Materials to BMS
Do you have craft paints, extra construction paper, and more paintbrushes and glue than you know what to do with? Are you spring cleaning your craft shelves? From now until the end of school, we will be happy to accept your unused, non-toxic arts and craft materials to use at our school events, such as Fall Festival, when we have activities for the children.
Please bring them by the main office, where there is a box marked to accept your donations, probably by the lost and found (check that out while you are in the office, too). Thank you!