Mark Your Calendar
- May 1 Board Meeting, 6:00 pm, Commons Child care sign up is now closed, contact the office with questions
- May 1 Remaining 2018-19 Tuition Deposit Due
- May 1 Outstanding Volunteer Hours Billed—remember to log your hours
- May 8 NO SCHOOL
- May 8 Sycamore Classroom Open House and Work Day, 1 pm to 6 pm or so
Additional Important Events
- May 16 All School Picnic and General Association Meeting, 5:30 pm, Lower playground
- May 22 6th Grade Graduation, 7:00 pm
- May 23 3rd Grade Graduation, 2:00 pm
- May 23 Last Day of School for Students
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week has arrived!
To demonstrate our appreciation of ALL Teachers (full and part time) and Staff, BMS has designated a Week of Appreciation starting April 30th until May 4th. You and your children’s participation in next week’s activities are completely voluntary, and you can participate on any or all of the days as you are able. Here are some ideas to show your children’s teachers how much you appreciate them.
- Monday, April 30: “An Apple (fruit) for the Teacher”: Bring in a piece of fruit for each of the teachers in your child’s classroom.
- Tuesday, May 1: “May Flowers”: Bring in a single flower for each of your children’s teachers.
- Wednesday, May 2: “Crafts”: Bring in a craft made by your child for each teacher in your child’s classroom.
- Thursday, May 3: “Sweets for the Teacher”: Let’s sweeten Week of Appreciation with treats for our teachers. Bring in a small baked good or other treat for each teacher in your child’s classroom. Please remember the school’s Allergy Policy by labeling any potential allergens, and do not bring in anything that contains nuts.
- Friday, May 4: “Thank You Cards”: Bring in a thank you card for each of your child’s teachers.
On May 8th is the Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon (no school that day). We’ll provide the teachers and staff with a relaxing lunch on the teacher development day, during which they will receive their thank you gifts collected from the Used Book and Popcorn Sale. Sign up using the sign up genius form to bring food and volunteer.
Thanks, again, to everyone who has helped in some capacity with the book sale and upcoming luncheon. If you have any questions about next week’s activities, you can text Melissa at 305-726-5691.
Melissa and Melissa
The Faculty and Staff Appreciation Committee