Mark Your Calendar
- April 13 Elementary Science Fair, 3:30 to 4:30 pm
- April 15 May Lunch and Aftercare sign ups open
- April 19 3rd Thursday Coffee Chat, 8:30 to 9:15 am, Main Office
- April 20 Philanthropy Friday, 3:15 to 4:15 pm, Commons
- April 23 Sycamore Class Latino Fest, 6:30 to 7:30 pm, Commons
- April 25 May Lunch and Aftercare sign ups close
- April 26 & 27 6th Grade Graduation Bake Sale, drop off and pick up, both buildings
- April 26 Panera Dine Out Fundraiser, 4 to 8 pm (see article below)
- April 29 Bloomington Bicentennial Street Fair, 12 to 4 pm, (Kirkwood btw Indiana and Walnut, see article below)
Additional Important Events
- May 1 Board Meeting, 6:00 pm, Commons
- May 1 Remaining 2018-19 Tuition Deposit Due
- May 1 Outstanding Volunteer Hours Billed—remember to log your hours
- May 8 NO SCHOOL—Remember to vote!
Food Drive to Benefit MCUM
Thank you to everyone who joined in the recent food drive. Collectively we donated 370 lbs. of food! It is a generous amount that will go a long way toward helping provide food to local children and families in need.
Sycamore students unload food at MCUM.
Book Sale Extended
The book sale has been extended through next Thursday, so please stop by and browse the many wonderful books, puzzles and games on offer. If you don’t see a book that suits your library, monetary donations are also welcome.
Volunteers for next week are still needed. Please text Melissa Arias Shah at 305.726.5691. Your time counts toward your parent volunteer hours.
This is an excellent way to show our support for the faculty and staff who work so hard on behalf of the students, while doing a bit of spring cleaning. Thank you for your donations!
Join BMS at the Bicentennial Street Fair
BMS will have a spot at the Bicentennial Street Fair, and we’d love for you to come volunteer!
Sunday, April 29
12 to 4
Our tables will be at Kirkwood and Grant.
Severe weather date is May 20.
Our tables will have info about the school as well as three mindfulness activities for children: Mind in a Jar, Four Pebble Meditation and Yoga for Kids. We will need a few adults over the course of the event, for set up, clean up and overseeing the activities.
Sycamore students can help with the activities! Many will have done the Mind in a Jar, and all will be doing the Four Pebble Meditation in the next week or so.
Do you teach yoga to children? We’d love to have your help teaching a few 15-minute sessions over the course of the fair. Send me an email if you are interested.
A Sign-Up Genius will come along shortly, for volunteering and donations of items for the activities.
Thanks, and see you there!
Final Dine Out Opportunity for this School Year
Our final chance to eat out together and raise funds for the school is coming up, at Panera again. Show the attached flyer to the cashier when ordering and Panera will donate back to us 20% of the pre-tax sales.
Thursday, April 26
4 to 8 pm
2748 E. 3rd Street
In December we raised over $190. Let’s see if we can raise even more this time.
What is the Good of All This Fundraising?
- It supports the ongoing training of our faculty, from Montessori certification to honing skills and staying current with developments in educational theory and advances in childhood development.
- It has supported a new school management system, which will improve the enrollment and communication processes, among others.
- It will upgrade the school’s ethernet cable system and improve Wi-Fi accessibility in classrooms.
- It will purchase new or updated materials for all classrooms, such as new wooden puzzle maps for the lower elementary classrooms, which currently date from before the fall of the Berlin Wall and the break-up of the Soviet Union. Excellent for history, but not great for current geography.
- It will help support Beautification Weekend coming up this fall—mark your calendars for August 5th and 6th, and stay tuned!